Our technical services
The integration and connectedness of our 75+ services is key to providing comprehensive solutions tailored to our clients’ needs. As technical leaders in their disciplines, our people share our collective knowledge and project experience to deliver greater value to our clients. They thrive on solving complex multi-faceted technical challenges using contemporary technologies and applications.
As part of our journey to invest in our people and technical services, we strengthened our operational structure this year. We appointed a Technical Services Leader for Australia and a Global Technology and Technical Applications Leader. This will enable us to better address the constant evolution of our business through technical services and cutting-edge design technologies including big data, robotics, remote sensing, autonomous vehicles, augmented reality and more.
Over the past 12 months, we have strengthened our regional technical services structure through leadership, technology and a continuing commitment to our global technical conferences.
Our regionally-based service line structure is now fully developed across Asia Pacific, the Americas, Australia and the Middle East, and will shortly expand into our growing UK operations. It provides the basis for contemporary thinking, active risk management, innovative practices and technology applications, and allows us to resource ‘best-for-project’ teams to deliver quality services to our clients.
- Services: During the year, we focused our efforts on clearly defining our service lines and the technical areas they cover. The connection between our regional services leaders has been strengthened through knowledge sharing tools.
- Professional development: Our successful and highly-regarded global technical services conferences were held again in FY16 covering: air and noise, aviation, bridges, dams, HSE systems, hydrocarbons process and transportation, instrumentation and control, materials technology, power, project and construction management, railways, roads, waste, water and wastewater.
- Careers: We developed a technical services induction program and career pathways for our technical specialists. We had an increase in the participation of our people at our global technical services conferences from various geographic regions.
- Recognition: Our annual Technical Excellence Awards highlight and profile the incredible contribution our people and project teams make towards best practice and innovative technical solutions. In FY16, we received 60 entries and selected 5 winners.
- Industry participation: In FY16, many of our technical specialists accepted leadership positions with industry associations, presented at conferences and forums, authored journal articles, and mentored others to strive for technical success.