Email page author
Print This Article
Since 2005, GHD has supported staff involvement in
not-for-profit organisations through the GHD in the Community
initiative. Typical of the contributions made in 2008 include our
- The construction of a fairy garden by our Canberra team for a
terminally ill young girl.
- A range of safety equipment for surf-life saving clubs.
- Various schools and fundraising programs including the supply
of sporting equipment, sporting uniforms, rainwater tanks and the
- The supply of overalls to indigenous preapprentice students
enrolled in the building and construction courses offered at
Mungabareena Aboriginal Corporation in Albury-Wodonga through the
Wodonga Region Community Youth Commitment Project.
- Fencing project for the Good Shepherd Agricultural Mission in
north-east India. Two of our people helped construct 2.5 kms of
fencing around an orphanage to protect crops from wandering
buffalos, cows and goats.
CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTIONS AND SPONSORSHIP
GHD also touches the community by making financial contributions
to charitable societies and not-for-profit organisations as well as
sponsoring industry and professional initiatives.
2008 recipients include:
- Guide Dogs Association
- CEO Challenge
- Cancer Council
- Leukaemia Foundation
- Habitat for Humanity
- The Community Funwalk in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) – Grace
- GHD Academic Excellence Award, Curtin University, Sarawak
- Institution of Professional Engineers New ZealandIPENZ) Ray
Meyer Medal for Excellence in Student Design
- World Environment Day
- International Women’s Day
- Riversymposium Young Water Scientist Award
- Anti-corruption Education / Training Iniative (USA). This
is a collaborative effort by organisations from around the world to
combat corruption in the engineering and construction industry,
including the International Federation of Consulting Engineers,
World Federation of Engineering Organizations, World Economic
Forum’s Partnership Against Corruption Initiative, Transparency
International and others.
GHD’s contribution will help produce a range of education and
training materials to promote and reinforce the importance of
individual integrity in engineering and construction projects.
THE GHD FOUNDATION
Established in 2001, the GHD Foundation provides funds and
skills for projects in disadvantaged communities across the
world. Projects are selected with the aim of enhancing local
ways of life through the provision of pro-bono work and other