Soils and rock containing metalliferous sulfides can, if disturbed by excavation or drainage, react with the atmosphere to oxidise and produce acidinc, saline and metalliferous drainage (AMD) associated with quarrying and mining or disturbance of acid sulfate soils (ASS).
Our clients require reliable and sustainable water supplies, predictable inflow rates and groundwater management costs and confidence that the risks of impacts of their projects on groundwater and surface water quality, other groundwater users and groundwater-dependent ecosystems are minimized.
GHD's hydrogeologists and geochemists provide specialized groundwater services for mining, civil, agriculture, water supply and wastewater management.
Our services include:
- Groundwater exploration, data acquisition, resource assessment, development and management
- Aquifer Storage and Recovery (ASR), Managed Aquifer Recharge (MAR) or Water Banking
- Groundwater contamination assessment remediation and management
- Integrated surface water and groundwater flow and contaminant transport modelling
- Borefield design & installation
- Dewatering investigations and groundwater management for excavations, mines and tunnels
- Dam seepage assessment
- Soil salinity risk assessment and management
- Acid and metalliferous drainage (AMD) or acid rock drainage (ARD) assessment
- Acid sulfate soils (ASS) assessment and management
- Down-hole geophysics and camera investigations
- Groundwater impact studies
Our hydrogeology services are delivered by teams of integrated professionals around the world and can provide local knowledge backed up by global experience. Our team members range from cost-effective but experienced field personnel to hydrogeologists, modellers related disciplines with over 30 years of experience.