Access advice on a diverse range of power generation and delivery technology across areas such as:
- Conventional fossil fuel power generation utilising coal, gas, diesel and waste heat fuels (e.g. sub-critical and super-critical coal-fired plants, open cycle and combined cycle gas turbines and reciprocating engine cogeneration)
- Renewable energy (solar PV, wind, hydroelectric, tidal, geothermal, digester gas. landfill gas and biomass)
- Waste to Energy (WTE) systems that combine GHD’s capability in waste management, environmental services and power systems to recover energy from urban and agricultural waste residues
- Transmission and distribution networks including power lines, substations and site reticulation to efficiently, effectively and reliably deliver power to meet clients' needs
- Emerging energy storage technologies such as batteries, and their applications within microgrids, that are transforming the energy sector
- Grid connection of both generation and large end-users, including feasibility, system modelling and negotiation of performance standards and access arrangements
- Regulation of electricity networks, including due diligence and advisory services for regulatory determinations
- Facility power distribution design, motor control (full-voltage, reduced voltage soft start, variable speed, etc) and standby power design for low and medium voltage systems
- Hydropower development including pumped storage, combining capabilities in dam, tunnel, underground works, electrical connections and infrastructure to progress a project cost-effectively
We are helping clients tackle a complex future being shaped by disruptive forces and increased regulation and scrutiny.
GHD has a breadth of demonstrated experience across all phases of power projects. By working with us, you'll benefit from a global team of technical specialists who will deliver your projects to the highest standards.