Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering
The distinctions between public and private transport are becoming blurred, and expectations from a fully agile and mobile society are for transport systems that meet these needs both today and in the future. It is no longer enough to build a road or a rail line and expect a problem to be solved.
GHD is at the forefront of endeavours to secure a sustainable, safe, accessible and efficient transport network in a future of greater autonomy and flexibility.
We believe that transport is about the movement of people, not vehicles. We are driven by the belief that as our cities grow, and as demand for movement increases, there are always better ways of doing things.
To help realise the vision of fully integrated and effective transport networks, our team offers the full range of technical and strategic skills required to shape the future, including:
- Active transportation, bicycle and pedestrian advice
- Demand management
- Freight planning and advice
- Integrated land use, transport advice and transport studies
- Parking strategies, analysis and advice
- Pedestrian simulation and traffic and transport modelling
- Public transport infrastructure and service advice
- Road safety audits and analysis
- Strategic route planning and feasibility studies
- Traffic engineering assessments and advice
- Traffic impact assessments
- Transport strategies
- Travel behaviour change
- Urban revitalisation transport advice
Seamless integration - both between modes, and transport and the public realm - is the future of a successful society, and we seek the best outcomes for our clients and for communities to realise this vision.