Water Collection and Distribution
GHD understands the challenges of major growth in greenfield and brownfield areas, the need for asset renewals, and the myriad of potential scenarios that operators, regulators, asset owners and managers are facing. We strive to help our clients provide reliable water supplies and collection systems, while minimising cost of operations, water losses, and managing end-user demand.
By partnering with water utilities and municipal authorities, we are able to seamlessly implement water infrastructure solutions and water loss management initiatives with social, financial and environmental objectives as a priority. We also offer this service to assist the rural, mining and industrial sectors, as a means of saving operating and energy costs.
Our connected global network of water professionals provides comprehensive services covering the transportation of all water types for rural, municipal and industrial applications. We offer a multidisciplinary approach to deliver cost-effective and innovative solutions that harness the latest technological advances.
We are leaders in the field of water efficiency, with core services that include water balance, management of real losses (leakage), management of apparent (non-physical) losses and demand management.
Other core services include:
- Water supply and wastewater system strategic planning and hydraulic modelling
- Pipeline and pumping station design, including associated storages and constructed overflows
- Local reticulation through to major tunneled transmission pipelines
- Irrigation system planning and design
- Capacity and criticality assessments based on dynamic modelling and risk assessments
- Rehabilitation support for key assets ranging from approach selection, through design, to construction monitoring
- Transient (water hammer) analysis and computational fluid dynamics
Together with our clients, we aim to create lasting community benefit in the services we provide and outcomes we achieve in sustainable water management.