GHD has been involved in dams since the company's birth almost 90 years ago. We have the largest dedicated dams engineering team in Australia and one of the larger teams across the globe. We have more than 100 technical dams people in Australia and growing numbers globally, particularly throughout the Americas, United Kingdom, within Asia and New Zealand.
We recognize our clients' need for solutions that harness in-depth knowledge with imaginative thinking to produce innovative, safe and cost-effective outcomes, working collaboratively to deliver results.
GHD's Dams services include:
- Investigations and appraisals
- Design of dams and associated infrastructure
- Tender and construction phase services
- Owner's engineer and review panels
- Operational support
- Dam safety and risk assessment
We provide these services for the following dam types and appurtenant structures:
- Earthfill dams
- Earth and rockfill dams
- Concrete or membrane-faced rockfill dams
- Concrete gravity dams
- Roller-compacted concrete dams
- Concrete arch and multiple barrel arch dams
- Concrete buttress (including diamond-head) dams
- Tailings and mining dams
- Gated and ungated spillways
- Intake and outlet works
- Hydromechanical installations
Our integrated dams team is supported by professionals in related fields including geotechnics, geology, hydrogeology, hydrology, river hydraulics, mechanical engineering, environmental sciences, materials technology and structures.
We work closely with clients throughout the entire project life cycle to develop safe, innovative and cost-effective outcomes, maximising benefits for all stakeholders.