We provide comprehensive geotechnical, geological, geophysical and field/laboratory testing and construction phase services, through our connected global network of professionals. We draw on skills and experience from around the world to offer our clients the breadth and depth of a global network combined with knowledge and experience to deliver locally.
Our services are fully integrated with our diverse skill base, including transportation, structures, mining, urban development, environment, marine, dams, tunneling and tailings. We are experienced in a wide range of ground conditions, which has led to the development of a structured approach to the reduction of risks inherent in geotechnical design and construction.
Our design approach incorporates the interpretation of desk study and site investigation data, the use of local knowledge and experience, selection of appropriate engineering parameters, analysis of soil-structure interaction, assurance of design compatibility with the construction process, and inspections to check site implementation.
Supported by specialist software, in-house design aids and access to world-wide knowledge databases, we provide a full scope of geotechnical services including:
- Independent and specialist review services
- Site investigation development, planning and execution
- Management and execution of field investigations, including in-situ testing and geophysics surveys
- Management and execution of laboratory testing programs
- Concept development and solution optimisation
- Value management and engineering
- Concept and detailed design and documentation for all ground engineering problems including shafts, tunnels, embankments and earthworks, soft soil engineering, soil and rock slope stability, foundations and pavement
- Risk assessment and management
- Contract documentation (commercial and technical)
- Geotechnical advice, inspections and testing during construction
- Construction trials and design optimisation
- Asset performance monitoring during and post construction
Many of our professionals are respected geotechnical leaders who are involved with national and international committees and societies, which enables us to bring the most recent insights and developments in geotechnical practice to our clients' projects.