The need to minimise the generation of waste and harnessing the value in materials previously thought of as waste, underpins the current global approach to waste management.
GHD's comprehensive range of waste management services, from planning and design to monitoring and project management, helps our clients deliver and operate essential waste management facilities, while also returning long-term benefits to communities and the environment.
Waste avoidance, recovery and reuse of discarded materials, effective landfill management and responsible management of hazardous wastes are all critical elements of sustainable development.
The need to minimise waste generation rates, and to recover and utilise by-products of waste degradation (through alternative waste treatment technologies or modifications to current waste disposal methods) is dictating the future of waste management.
We have a large team of professionals providing current advice and solutions for the complete range of waste management issues; assisting clients in developing sustainable practices to address their requirements now and into the future.
We work closely with environmental planners, scientists and community consultants to deliver integrated outcomes.
- Detailed and conceptual design for landfills, transfer stations, resources recovery facilities, containment cells, leachate and rehabilitation
- Environmental management including modelling, monitoring, collection, assessments, compliance, industrial (solid/liquid) minimisation and cleaner production
- Strategic planning for siting, resource and waste management, financial modelling and recycling or resource recovery
- Legislative approvals and considerations including approvals for environmental planning, and infrastructure siting and operations
- Alternative waste technologies assessment, selection, concept, design, feasibility and options
- Auditing for waste and compliance
- Community consultation
- Project management
- Procurement & construction management